聯合國可持續發展目標 國際線上競賽 2021
联合国可持续发展目标 国际线上竞赛 2021
United Nations SDGs International eTournament 2021
Terms and Conditions
Please click on the triangles of the sub-headings to show/hide the details.
- The organiser of this eTournament (hereafter referred to as the “Organiser”) is Centre for Holistic Teaching and Learning of Hong Kong Baptist University.
- By entering this eTournament, a participant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Organiser’s decision in respect of all matters concerning the eTournament will be final. No correspondence relating to the eTournament will be entered into.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the eTournament if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- All times are in China Standard Time (GMT +8), following the 24-hour clock convention.
- The eTournament and these terms and conditions will be governed by the Laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, People’s Republic of China. Any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
(2) Participants and Teams
- Registered current students studying at higher education institutions are eligible to enter this eTournament. The Organiser reserves the right to require the entrants to provide proofs of their eligibility. Staff members of higher education institutions are not eligible. Students who won individual and/or team prizes in the United Nations SDGs International eTournament 2019 and/or United Nations SDGs International eTournament 2020 are not eligible.
- Eligible entrants are required to register at the website before the closing time as specified by the Organiser. The eligible entrants who completed the registration and confirmed by the Organiser are hereinafter referred to as the “Participants” of this eTournament.
- The Organiser will group all Participants into teams of 4 to 5 members (depending on the total number of Participants) with at most 2 members of the same institution. A team list will be announced to all Participants via email before Stage 1 of the eTournament. The team formation is final once the team list is announced. Participants are not allowed to form teams by themselves. Participants’ requests for moving to another team or changing particular members on their teams will not be entertained.
- On or before the last day of Stage 1 of the eTournament, each team is required to discuss and choose the team representative on the collaboration platform. The team representative will be the team’s contact point with the Organiser on team affairs such as member replacement. If a team does not have a leader by the end of Stage 1, the Organiser will appoint a leader for the team, and a 20% penalty will be imposed to the team’s score.
- Participants who wish to withdraw themselves from the eTournament must inform the Organiser in writing at or before 11:59 on the last day of Stage 2. A Participant is officially withdrawn from the game only after the withdrawal is acknowledged by the Organiser. The Organiser will inform the team concerned on the withdrawal. All scores attained by withdrawn members will not be counted.
- A team with member(s) withdrawn is allowed to opt to nominate replacement member(s), or to continue the game with the remaining members. Nominations must be submitted by the team representative by writing to the Organiser at or before 23:59 on the fourth day of Stage 2. The eligibility the replacement member(s) is the same as that specified in Paragraph 6. The Organiser will notify the team if the nomination is accepted. A team is allowed to nominate replacement members once only. A team with its member(s) withdrawn after the fourth day of Stage 2 is only allowed to continue the game with the remaining members.
- During the eTournament, all Participants’ activities on the online platforms specified by the Organiser will be recorded as evidence of participation and for educational research purposes. Please refer to the Informed Consent Statement for further details.
- All Participants are expected to involve actively in all activities during the eTournament.
- When Stage 1 is over, if a team is found to have zero participation in Stage 1, or 50% or more of the items in Stage 1 incomplete or unconstructive to the team/strategy development, the Organiser reserves the right to disqualify the team and not to allow the team to proceed to Stage 2.
- If a Participant is found to be inactive (hereinafter referred to as a “Suspected Inactive Participant (SIP)”) in the eTournament, the team representative and/or other Participants on the team are encouraged to discuss with the SIP for improvement. Alternatively, a report on the SIP can be filed to the Organiser in writing. Within 24 hours upon the receipt of the report, the Organiser will contact the SIP for explanations and will check relevant activity records. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify the SIP and to rescind any prize previously awarded, if the records prove the inactivity, and the explanation from the SIP is considered unacceptable. The Organiser will inform the review result of the report to the team and the SIP. Reports on SIPs are entertained from the first day of Stage 1 until the end of Stage 2.
Informed Consent Statement
- The Champion, First Runner-Up and Second Runner-Up Teams are the teams attaining the highest, second highest and third highest team scores respectively. The basic formula for calculating team scores is:
- Points attained by the team in Stage 1 PLUS (+)
- Sum of the individual scores attained by all valid team members in Stage 2 MINUS (-)
- Any penalties imposed
The details on the score calculation will be given to all participants before the commencement of the eTournament. Scores attained by withdrawn/disqualified members will not be counted, and withdrawn/disqualified members are not eligible to receive any prize.
- For individual prizes (Most Valuable Players), the First Place, Second Place and Third Place winners are the Participants attaining the highest, second highest and third highest individual scores respectively. Withdrawn/disqualified Participants are not eligible to receive any prize.
- For each of the team prizes:
- The Organiser will, on the winning team’s behalf, split the prize among the Participants of the winning team, and will transfer the split portions to individual Participants via the fund transfer method specified by the Organiser.
- Reports on SIPs are entertained as specified in Paragraph 14b. If the SIP is disqualified, his/her portion of the prize will be distributed among the remaining Participants of the team.
- Withdrawn or disqualified Participants are not eligible to receive prizes.
- The Participants will be notified individually via email. If a Participant cannot be contacted within 2 weeks after the dispatch date of the notification email, the Organiser reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the Participant and distribute the portion among the other Participants of the team.
- For individual prizes (Most Valuable Players), the winners will be notified individually via email. If a winner cannot be contacted within 2 weeks after the dispatch date of the notification email, the Organiser reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and select a replacement winner. The Organiser will transfer the prizes via the fund transfer method specified by the Organiser.
- Winners who do not reside in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region will receive the prizes in their home currencies. Only the bank fees charged in Hong Kong will be covered by the Organiser; the fees charged by the banks in the winners’ home regions will be settled by deducting from the prizes. Due to exchange rates and banks fees, the amounts in home currencies may be less than the advertised amounts.
- The winners agree to the use of their names and photos in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or other Participants will be used solely in accordance with the Informed Consent Statement and the current Hong Kong data protection legislation, and will not be disclosed to a third party without the winners’ prior consent.
Please refer to the registration form for the Informed Consent Statement.